Societe Generale's commitments
- You have a personal relatioship manager
- Satisfaction guaranteed... or your money back within three months of subscribing to your everyday banking services(1).
- Your bank is accessible where and when you want.
- Your card replaced within three working days in the event of loss, theft or incorrect functioning.
- Your account number goes with you if you changer your Societe Generale branch.
- You will be kept clearly informed of our rates.
- You always have someone to contact in case of difficulty.
Opening your bank account
To open a bank account, arrange an appointment with a relationship Manager by calling 3933(2)
or directly contact the nearest branch
of your choice.
You can also fill out the "Devenir client" form.
Our free services include the opening of an account, providing monthly statements, the deposit of cheques addressed within Metropolitan France, and managing the account.
You may open an account in euros or in the currency of your choice, particularly if you will be carrying out international transactions.
To open your account, you will need the followings :
- a valid ID card : national ID card, passport (with a visa for Non-EU citizens), residence permit
- an original copy of a document (dating back less than three months) recognized as proof of residence in France or abroad : rent payment receipt, EDF/GDF bill, fixed-line telephone bill, etc.
- and if necessary, a document to prove your non-residency taxation in case you pay your taxes abroad : tax notice of your country, certificate of tax residency abroad…
(1) This includes Visa and Visa Business cards, MasterCard, JAZZ and JAZZ Pro and Flexibility, Tranquillity and SMS Alert options, Quiétis, Quiétis Pro, Synopsis, Messalia, Messalia Pro and Piano offers.
(2) Depuis l'étranger et certains opérateurs : +33 (0) 810 01 3955 - Tarif au 01/08/2008 : prix d'un appel local depuis une ligne fixe France Télécom, en France métropolitaine. Depuis un autre opérateur en France ou à l'étranger, tarification selon l’opérateur.
Picture credit Valérie Winckler.